Since we had several responses to the same blog – we thought we would combine them as best we can to let you know what members of Bettina Network’s Lifestyle Community are thinking about and responding to. These are not direct quotes as we have tried to condense some, which were very long, and write the essence of others. We do think we have kept a faithful reporting of the comments we received. The emotion against Trump is amazingly strong. We think, at some point, something has to give before this society explodes.
- Overtime as I read or hear about Donald Trump and his machinations, I think KARMA and how it acts in the universe. I also think about and am appreciative of your making the strong statement that mental illness and evil are not the same. How many people claim Hitler was mentally ill? Stalin? and all the rest? There is a difference. And, since the world is moving away from religions of all kind, no one wants to admit that evil exists. We have seen it in human nature and it comes out, no matter how hard we work to suppress it. You have to name something before you can conquer and move it out. I am going to be one of those joining the #evilTrump group and put that hashtag on my postings that I feel show Trump’s evil.
2. It is interesting to me that once upon a time I used to love reading about the social goings on in Washington, D. C., particularly those around the president and his cabinet. None of that seems to exist today. I have yet to read about Trump and his wife going to social events in Washington. I also don’t see anything about the “Washington establishment” having social events and inviting the president and his family. Have I missed something or does Washington society see in this family the same thing the rest of us sees and doesn’t want to spend an evening mired in Bull Crap.
3. Closing down the United States’ financial arm of the government by refusing to fund it on the anniversary of Trump’s inauguration. What a way to mark that day. We have decided to wear black arm bands until Trump is removed from office. We can’t walk around in pink hats, but we can keep our hats in our pocket books for times when we can put them on. I think the import of those arm bands say clearly the kind of grief we are experiencing with this man as president.
4. When I heard the president prevaricating on which the day the government would be shut down and. which day he would announce his “Fake News Awards” – I was not surprised that he threatened a lot, but didn’t deliver until 1/20/2018. That is the day of his big celebration planned at Mar a Lago. I wondered when I first heard of the celebration who would attend. At $250,000 per couple that is more money to join the disappeared and unaccounted for and unreported disposition of money from the Trump inauguration. People must now have a clue as to where their money is going. My thought when the shut down loomed imminent was whether Trump would attend, because of the possibly low numbers of people who subscribed and would be attending? There has been almost no coverage of the event and the press has been very carefully kept away. That event shrouded in silence given what is happening all around and given what attendance or lack of it means to what is happening elsewhere it is quite suspicious that it was almost totally not covered by the press.
Everyone seems mystified as to why Trump has acted so unbelievably wild given this huge event on the horizon. One would think his normal way of being would be to do what he could to attend and bask in the glow of people idolizing him. If that was not to happen and it began to be clear as the day came nearer – how to get over what would be a very revealing lack of support by his big contributors and save face was an issue. Doing what he could to not fund the government was one way to glossing over this possible lack of participation by his big supporters.
I can’t believe people who are careful about their money would have made reservations to pay that kind of money to attend this “celebration” given the history of money disappearing and not being accounted for by the Trump group. That seems to me to be what is behind this government shut-down. A cover-up for a possibly failed “event”? It would certainly have been majorly covered by the press if Trump were in attendance, but given that he was not there it seems that press coverage was elsewhere so we have next to no information as to what happened. Have to get on the telephone to friends to see who knows about this – I am sure someone will talk about Saturday at the Trumps’
5. I have taken a flying leap into wishful thinking as to why I think Trump worked so hard to see that the Government was shut down on Saturday 1/20/2018. Mueller was ready to indict and arrest – Trump, Pence, Kelly and all the rest, but shutting down the government meant those about to be indicted would not be arrested during this event? maybe that will happen next week. Just a thought. I also thought the “Fake News” awards were meant to cover-up something. Especially since the date of release of that “award” kept changing. Wonder if those changes had to do with the Mueller investigation? One can only hope. Especially strange that Pence was not at the Mar a Lago party – they sent him out of the country during the party. Hope another book is coming out to explain all of these things. Can’t wait to read the reality so I can stop guessing.
6. Oh, the news leaking out about Russia infiltrating the Conservative movement. Do you think “Karma”, which lots of people are beginning to talk about, had anything to do with it? My dream is that those “Russian” and others infiltrating the Conservative movement would actually be converted in the process. Anything is possible, right? I wondered why there were these pictures around of so many of the loudest Conservatives and Evangelicals turning up in Russia! Whatever being a Conservative used to mean, today it seems to mean you are cavorting with those who want to take down the United States Government and their way of contributing to that is by being an undercover part of the Conservative – especially Evangelical group. How things change. There was a day when Russia was the “evil empire” and we were taking down the wall – Ronald Reagan famously went to Germany to say “Mr. President, take down this wall.” One would think that experience would make us very wary of building walls, especially for such evil reasons.
The Conservatives and Evangelicals are intransigent in their support of Trump, no matter what he does, and I can’t believe true Evangelicals would take that position. When I hear people like Franklin Graham supporting a man who is an adultery, sexual pervert, pathological liar, sexual abuser, see no reason to ask for forgiveness because he has done nothing wrong etc. etc. and sees him as a role model for our children, I wonder how much money Russia and its allies have contributed to Franklin’s group. Hearing about the infiltration of the NRA, a group I used to wonder how they became so powerful and with so much money so quickly, it certainly makes one think that others must have followed suit.
That ends our trying to put out what we received from several people. We combined two or three comments into one and did our best to accurately give to you what was given to us. When someone like Donald Trump is doing his best to undermine and destroy all of us so we become too exhausted to fight back and he can just move along swiftly with his program with diminishing push back, one good way of fighting back is to openly and publicly vent to let all of that ugly out of our systems.
Learn More About How We Use Your Donation!
Everything talked about in this blog and in any other blog in the Bettina Network, inc. is the opinion of the person who wrote the blog and does not necessarily represent the opinions of Bettina Network, inc. It is the property of Bettina Network, inc. and/or the person who wrote the original blog.Want to join us? Have a home that you want to open to become one of Bettina Network’s Hedge Schools? Call us and lets talk – or email us.
Ed. Note: Members of the Bettina Network Lifestyle Community can contribute to the Bettina Network Blog whenever they have anything they want to say and be heard by this fantastic group of people. Send your blog to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to us at P. O. Box 380585 Cambridge, MA. 02238 or call us on the telephone at 617-497-9166 to tell us what you want to say and we will write it for you. Please also tell us if you want your name as your byline or if you want your article to appear without your name.
Volunteer with Bettina Network Foundation, inc. to work estate sales; to help move items from one home to another; to contribute your ideas on how we can better use our resources in this effort to relieve and eliminate homelessness and poverty. We also need photographers; designers; and more. However much or little time you have, we are grateful.
Send your event information to be included in Bettina Network’s Menu of Events to: email@example.com